Posted by Lori on November 26, 2019
Whenever a new Android device launched in the market, the device company tries to provide the latest updates for the device for the forthcoming future period. Generally, these updates include bug fixes, performance improvements, and new additional features. Updates are necessary for a device to function properly and be up to date with the current technologies in the market. In this article, we will see how you can update your Mi mobile.
Why should you update your mobile?
Whenever a new device is launched in the market by any company, the device at that time has the latest software available but as time passes the software becomes old as new updates are provided in the are newer versions of the software. So it’s very important for the device owners to update their devices to the latest software available & Not Let anyone bypass your mi account.
Updating your mobile software has lots of additional benefits such as
- New software updates may introduce new features that might be useful for you.
- Some existing bugs and glitches may get fixed in the software updates.
- Software updates also help to improve the performance and battery backup of devices.
- Last but not least it helps to keep your device up to date with the latest technologies in the market.
Updating you Mi mobile
Xiaomi provides a custom version of the open-source Android called the MIUI Operating system. MIUI is a more feature-rich and beautiful looking OS alternative for the stock android. Each MIUI version is based on a particular Android Version such as the latest MIUI version provided by Xiaomi is currently using Android 10 also known as Android Q.
On top of the Android version, Xiaomi also has separate versions for MIUI which are independent of the Android version and are used to update the MIUI ROM on user’s devices to provide better features and performance to the users. If you own a Mi mobile and want to update your mobile to the latest version then you can do it in two ways. Follow the below-given procedure to update your Mi mobile
1. Updating your device automatically
- To update your Mi mobile automatically you just need to go to Settings > About phone > System update.
- Now press the button saying “Check for updates”. Make sure you have a working internet connection otherwise it will not be able to check for new updates.
- If a new update is found you will see “Update Available” in the status along with the changelog of the new features and improvements. It will also show the size of the update.
- Now if you want to update the device, just click the “Update” button.
- The update will be downloaded and stored in the internal storage of the device automatically.
- Once the update is downloaded completely, you will be notified through a notification. Just click on the update now and the update will start installing on its own.
- Make sure that your mobile is charged at least 50% or more.
- Let the device complete the update. Once the update is successfully installed the device will restart on its own.
- Now you have successfully updated your device.
2. Updating your device manually
Sometimes it may happen that you might not find a new update through the inbuilt updater or you might want to try a different version of the MIUI ROM. MIUI is available in Global and Developer version variants. By default, all devices are on Global MIUI version but you can choose to install Developer ROM as it gets updated on a weekly basis with new bug fixes and improvements in the beta stage itself. You might also want to install Global ROM if your device has gone into a boot loop and cant restart.
In either case, you will need to install the MIUI ROM using the manual way. To install or update your MIUI ROM manually follow the below-given steps
- First got to this link and download the suitable ROM for your device model.
- To select the ROM for your device click on the top-right drop-down menu that says “Please choose your device model” and select your device from the menu and press the submit button.
- A new page will open with your selected device where you can select the region of your device from the list present on the left side of the screen.
- Once you select the region, click on the “Download Full Rom” button. The download will start instantly.
- Copy the .zip file of the ROM you downloaded in the previous step in the internal storage of your device.
- Now open your device settings and go to Settings > About phone > System update.
- Now click on the MIUI logo 10 times and you should see a toast at the bottom of the screen saying “Additional update features are on”.
- Now click on the three vertical dots present on the top right corner of the screen and select the “Choose update package” option.
- Now the file manager should open. Select the .zip file of the ROM you downloaded in the first step and click OK.
- The updater will verify the ROM file and decrypt it.
- You will be presented with a small update popup asking you to reboot and update. Click on the “Reboot and update” button.
- The device will power off on its own and will start installing the ROM.
- Do not interfere with the update process and also make sure that your device has 50% or more charge left. If not, plug it into the charger and then continue the process.
- Your device may restart several times during the update process on its own.
- Once the update is complete the device will restart on its own.
- After the device restarts, if you are unable to enter the device and are locked out of your device due to your Mi account then you can use the Mi account unlock tool to unlock your device.
Keeping your device up to date in terms of software is extremely important as software updates introduce new features and performance upgrades. These updates might also include critical bug fixes and patches that fix some critical exploits. It is always recommended to update your device to the latest available update.